Rainbow Rice Sensory Box!
This is a great DIY toddler activity. I even let my toddler help me make the rainbow rice. Definitely, add this DIY sensory activity to add to your toddler’s playtime routine. It is very simple, fun and inexpensive.
Ingredients For Rainbow Rice Sensory Box:
- 1/2 Cup Rice
- Parchment paper
- Food coloring
- Ziploc bags (1 for each color)
- 1 Tbl spoon of White vinegar
- Paper towel
How to Make Rainbow Rice:
- I use only a half cup of rice (per color) because, even though her sensory box is a 15-quart tub, I like to keep things in a somewhat controlled mess. I also rather only store a 5 qt Tupperware of rainbow rice than 10 quarts. Plus, she still has the same amount of fun.
- Put your measured rice into a Ziploc bag and add 2 drops of food coloring. Add your vinegar to the rice. Zip your bag and shake until all the rice is covered in dye.
- Next, lay out parchment paper and dump your colored rice onto the paper. To avoid getting dye on my hands, I used a paper towel to help spread it out flat. Let the rice dry for 1-2 hours. Also, I use a half cup of just white rice to add to the rainbow mix.
- Lastly, just transfer your rainbow rice to your sensory box!
Toddlers will love this rainbow rice sensory activity and parents you will get some quiet time to finish chores, have a cup of coffee, cook dinner, etc.! Looking for another easy DIY Sensory Activity? Check out my post on Ice Sensory!
Hope you try this DIY rainbow rice sensory activity! What are some of your favorite DIY toddler sensory activities?
Don’t forget to become a subscriber and get access to my Free Mom Resource Library!